Harold Hamm Diabetes Center (HHDC) serves as Oklahoma’s focal point for fighting the diabetes epidemic. Research, patient care, education and prevention are all required to address diabetes in a comprehensive manner. The Center was established by the University of Oklahoma in the College of Medicine with the goal of promoting the well-being of all people with or at high risk for diabetes in Oklahoma regardless of ethnic background or financial status.
To help Oklahomans combat the epidemic of diabetes
To be a world leader in eradicating diabetes through innovative research focused on progress toward a cure, dramatically improved patient care, and strategies aimed at the prevention of diabetes.
- Develop basic and clinical reseach programs with emphasis on translating advances in basic research to clinical practice
- Provide the highest standards of diabetes care; empower community programs; provide community level support where needed
- Become the education resource of choice regarding diabetes for public, professional and policy development needs
- Promote access to preventative health care for all citizens of Oklahoma who are at risk of diabetes or its complications
- Develop infrastructure to coordinate funding, planning and services to support the mission of Harold Hamm Diabetes Center