T1D on Basal/Bolus Regimen
Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Trial
A 15-month clinical research study is evaluating if a new investigational basal insulin dosed once daily can provide safe and effective blood sugar control compared to a marketed basal insulin dosed once daily both in combination with meal-time insulin.
You may qualify if you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have had a diagnosis of type 1 diabetes for at least 12 months
- Are receiving treatment with a basal/bolus regimen consisting of NPH or insulin detemir and 2-4 injections with bolus-insulin as meal-time insulin therapy, for at least 6 months
- Are at high risk for developing hypoglycaemia (i.e. recent hypoglycaemic episode, severe hypoglycaemic episode, hypoglycaemic unawareness, moderate chronic renal failure or diabetes for more than 15 years)
- Have an HbA1c level of not more than 9.0%
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of less than 35 kg/m2
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication at no cost and may be compensated for travel.
To learn more about this study, please call (405) 271-3604.
The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution.