Harold Hamm Diabetes Center’s team of healthcare professionals consists of some of the most authoritative figures in diabetes research, care, and prevention. To fight the diabetes epidemic outside the four walls of the clinic, HHDC healthcare professionals are available to speak at public events free of charge to educate groups about how to identify and prevent diabetes and diabetes-related complications.
Topics HHDC speakers often address include:
- Nutritional Planning – Diabetes educators and registered dietitians provide helpful information on how to eat healthy by reading food labels, planning a meal, and effectively navigating the aisles of a grocery store.
- Foot Health – Podiatrists share key tips on maintaining foot health and recognizing early signs of nerve damage.
- Behavioral Health – Licensed psychologists and behavioral health specialists share effective strategies for maintaining a healthy lifestyle in order to prevent diabetes or diabetes-related complications.
- Exercise Education – Exercise physiologists discuss safe and effective ways to maintain an active lifestyle through proper exercising techniques and useful tips for staying active throughout the day.
- Diabetes Clinical Research – Clinical trials research coordinators are on the front line of cutting edge research and provide key insights into the development of new treatment options.
HHDC speakers can also address any number of diabetes-related issues. If you would like to request a speaker, call (405) 271-2824.